There are lovely tree-lined residential neighborhoods near UVA and the Downtown Pedestrian Mall. Detached homes in these areas tend to be in the upper sales price range for Charlottesville and are beloved by those with UVA affiliation or a love of walking access to the downtown mall. If your budget does not permit finding a home in one of these areas, no worries because there are other lovely and convenient areas with lower prices both in Charlottesville and in surrounding counties. Condos and townhouses at varying price points are another alternative in the Downtown area near the Mall.
Tax rates are highest in the city of Charlottesville, followed by Albemarle Co. For handy reference to current tax rates for Cville and all counties in the area, please refer to the tax rate guide provided in the Resources menu of this website.
In both UVA and Downtown neighborhoods, residents tend to value walkability to commercial, educational and cultural venues. Many people get to know each other while out walking their dogs.
Locations of UVA neighborhoods include:
1. Off Rugby Rd, north of the UVA Rotunda and south of the 250 bypass
2. Between Memorial Gymnasium and Ivy Rd
3. Off of JPA (Jefferson Park Ave)
Locations of Downtown neighborhoods include:
1. North of the Downtown Mall (Main St) and east and west of Park St
2. Downtown itself on or just off the Downtown Mall - some condos
3. South of the Downtown Mall and the bridge on High St in Belmont