Rebate on Energy-Efficient Appliances
In the Charlottesville area, Dominion Energy has launched a program to give rebates on many energy efficient appliances, as delineated in the Dominion explanation below. The website for application is: https://dominion.myrebateportal.com/
Any reference in these documents to “Dominion,” “Dominion Energy,” or “Dominion Energy Virginia” should be read as a reference to Virginia Electric and Power Company d/b/a Dominion Energy Virginia, as well as its authorized agents and contractors.
Enrollment Qualifications and Requirements for Participation:
1. Product must be purchased new and must occur on or after July 1, 2019 for Dominion Energy Virginia customers.
2. Program participant must be an active Dominion residential customer (“Customer”) in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
3. The Customer must receive Electric Supply Service and Electric Delivery Service in accordance with a residential rate schedule, such as Schedule
4. Customer must be the party that is responsible for the electric bill and either own the home or otherwise able to secure permission and authorization to complete rebate submission.
5. Customer is eligible for rebate submissions during the Program time period for (i) up to two of any of the following: dishwasher, clothes washer, refrigerator, freezer, electric clothes dryer and (ii) up to four of any of the following: dehumidifier and air purifier.
6. Product must be ENERGY STAR® certified/labeled and meet the above stated requirements to qualify for a rebate; certain restrictions may apply. The list of eligible products can be found at https://dominion.myrebateportal.com/.
7. Dishwashers must use electric water heating to be eligible.
8. Clothes dryers must be electric to be eligible.
9. Clothes washers for use in homes that use fuels other than electricity for both water heating and clothes dryer(s) may not be eligible.
10. Product must be installed and functional at the Customer premises receiving electric services from Dominion, as described above in No.2.
11. The Customer understands that it may be contacted by Dominion via survey or questionnaire to provide feedback regarding Customer satisfaction with the Program.
12. Dominion Energy reserves the right to select any rebate submission for additional verification. If a submission is selected for verification, additional time may be required before the rebate is processed.
13. A rebate will not be paid if the Customer refuses to participate in any required verification.
13. Purchased equipment must include a legible copy of the entire sales receipt, which includes product information for each appliance purchased, purchase price, purchase date and retailer business information.
14. The rebate paid will not exceed the purchase price of the appliance (excluding taxes, shipping and installation charges).
1. Rebate application must be submitted within 90 days of the purchase date in order to receive payment. Failure to provide any of the required information will delay the processing of the Customer’s application and could result in non-payment. It is the responsibility of the Customer to assure that all requirements for the rebate are met. Dominion retains the right to deny the Customer’s application for failure to comply with the enrollment qualifications and/or requirements for participation.
2. Rebate payments are based on the date of purchase. Customers must abide by the rules and rebate levels in effect on the date of service.
3. Payment will be issued to the account holder and mailing address on record with the utility.
4. Please allow up to 90 days from the date all required information is received to process your rebate.
5. Customers are urged to seek appropriate consultation concerning any tax liabilities that could be associated with their receipt of the rebate.
1. Program procedures, requirements and rebate levels are subject to change or cancellation without notice and are subject to Program funds being available and regulatory approval.
2. Dominion, its parents, subsidiaries, employees, affiliates and agents assume no responsibility for, and make no representations (express or implied) about, the performance of the equipment or equipment warranty and/or the acts or omissions of itself or the participating contractor(s).
3. By participating in this Program, the Customer hereby agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Dominion, its parents, subsidiaries, employees, affiliates, contractors, and agents from any and all liability associated with the Program. Dominion shall not be liable for loss or damage to any person or property whatsoever, resulting directly or indirectly from participation in this Program.
4. Dominion retains all rights to energy and demand savings resulting from measures installed under this Program for a maximum of four years. Dominion has the exclusive right to enroll, nominate, or offer a bid for energy or demand reductions resulting from measures installed under this Program into load management programs, demand response programs, or auctions operated by PJM Interconnection, L.L.C. (“PJM”), the regional electric transmission entity of which the Company is a member. A Customer’s participation in this Program means that the Customer is consenting to Dominion sharing the Customer’s pertinent information with PJM, Dominion’s agents, and contractors, including, but not limited to, its implementing contractors and its measurement and verification vendor. Pertinent Customer information includes, but is not limited to, energy usage and billing information, account holder name, address, other contact information, measures installed, period of installation, demand/energy reductions resulting from measures installed under this Program and the technical basis for such reductions, loss factors, coincidence factors, interactive factors, building type, type of appliance at the home, and other information necessary to implement and monitor the Program, including any other information as required by PJM or any other regulatory authority. 5. These Program specific terms and conditions are in addition to the terms and conditions of service currently on file with the Virginia State Corporation Commission and contained in any agreement between the Customer and a Program vendor.